- The state of the art quarantine facility has been custom designed to meet the specific requirements of each species.
- Special attention has been paid to the design to allow the animals to settle into the pens with the minimum amount of stress and as soon as possible.
- Separate facilities exist for large herbivores (elephant, rhino, hippo and buffalo), giraffe and antelope species, as well as carnivores.
- These facilities are State approved for the export and import quarantine of wildlife species.
- Qualified veterinary personnel are on site 24 hours per day.
- On site accommodation is available should a client wish to participate in the preparation phase of the project.
WAI quarantine pens are ideally located, north of Pretoria, within one hours travel of Oliver Tambo International Airport (formerly Johannesburg International Airport), along major motorways. This ensures optimal transit time from the quarantine station to the airport.